Friday, November 21, 2014

Pre-buddies and 3/4 Partners share about their SHAPE scavenger hunt!


 As I hung up the phone and turned to leave my office I 'ran into' four sets of children on a SHAPE HUNT. A preschool student politely asked, in a very excited little voice, "Mrs. Hayes, we're looking for shapes, can we look in your office?" I said, "SURE, Come on in!" .... "I see lots of shapes all around, look at the clock."  
 " Ohhhhhh, it's a circle," he noticed immediately.
Then the hunt began. In just a few moments, with the help from an older student mentor, they had discovered at least  six new shapes!  Diamonds, squares, circles and rectangles. What a fun experience for our youngest learners. Thank you 3/4 mentors, Jean and Anne for teaching our preschool students about shapes in the real world. This hands on experience was exciting and fun.... Did you know that the glass windows in the front office are covered in diamonds?? Come see for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment